- Represents a terminal switching operation in the St. Louis Metro area and includes BNSF, UP, CSX, Conrail, NS trains
- The mainline is approximately 500 feet on a single level
- Branch line on a lower level
- Dispatching is Compute controlled CTC signaling.
- Digitrax radio control throttles
- Point to point operation with staging at each end to represent St. Louis, Kansas City and Chicago
- Car Forwarding System is Car Cards and waybills
- 12 Operators: Dispatcher, Madison Yardmaster & helper, North St. Louis Yardmaster, 12th St Yardmaster, Tower Grove Industrial area Local, Granite City Steel Local. East St. Louis Local and 5 mainline pool spots
- 90% complete.
- Many large structures
Began construction: 2005 Operating Sessions Started: 2008
Owner: John Schindler
Pets: John has a dog
Accessibility: Basement layout with access via stairs. Nice wide aisles
Other Notes: Three yards working yards, three staging areas, large amount of industrial/business switching, bridge traffic and functioning CTC control.
Click photos to enlarge